Dr. Graham Wilson was born in Raleigh, North Carolina and was raised in the town of Goldsboro, NC. He graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2008 and earned his D.D.S. from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Dentistry in 2012, where he graduated with distinction. He then went on to complete his residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University in 2016.
Graham is married to Hallie, a physical therapist at Physical Therapy Solutions. They live in the Short Pump area and enjoy spending time with family, traveling, appreciating nature, and being on the water, boating and fishing. They appreciate all that Richmond has to offer: the restaurant scene, parks and hiking, and proximity to both the beach and the mountains. They are proud parents and are expecting their 2nd child in September 2018.
When asked why Graham chose to join COFS, “I had come to know most of the doctors at COFS throughout my residency at VCU and they seemed to not only be good surgeons, they more importantly were extremely kind, humble people. The culture of each office just seemed to fit my personality, and the atmosphere seemed light-hearted and fun.”
Dr. Graham H. Wilson is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and practices full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery with particular interests in dental implant surgery, dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom tooth removal, orthognathic surgery, facial trauma and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Wilson has co-authored multiple articles and a book chapter in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery literature. He presented on the topic of horizontal ridge augmentation to facilitate dental implant placement in the Dental Implant Session at the AAOMS Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. in 2016.
- “Use of Transalveolar Sutures in Conjunction With Grafting to Preserve Vestibular Depth and Augment Gingival Thickness Around Mandibular Implants” Deeb G, Deeb J, Kain N, Wilson G, Laskin, D. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2016.
- Dental Implants. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets 3rd Edition. Deeb G, Wilson G, Benson K, Abubaker A. 2015.
- “Is the Tunnel Technique More Effective Than Open Augmentation with a Titanium-Reinforced PTFE Membrane for Horizontal Ridge Augmentation?” Deeb G, Deeb J, Wilson G, Carrico C, Zaffar U, Laskin D. June 2016 Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Accepted for Publication
- “Prevalence of Visible Third Molars with Caries Experience or Periodontal Pathology in Middle-Aged and Older Americans.” Garaas R, Moss K, Fisher E, Wilson G, Offenbacher S, Beck J, White R. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2011.
- “Prevalence of Third Molars with Caries Experience or Periodontal Pathology in Young Adults.” Garaas R, Fisher E, Wilson G, Phillips C, Shugars D, Blakey G, Marciani R, White R. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2011.
Dr. Wilson has been voted “Top Dentist” in the category of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Richmond Magazine.
Dr. Wilson is a member of the American Dental Association, The Virginia Dental Association, The Richmond Dental Society, and The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Wilson is passionate about volunteerism and community service and has participated annually in Mission of Mercy Dental Projects dating back to his college days at UNCW. He and his wife are both members of Commonwealth Chapel Church in Richmond.
If I weren’t an oral surgeon, I would… “Definitely be a high-school basketball coach.”
Favorite App: ESPN
Favorite food: Country fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy; for dessert, yellow cake.
Favorite Book & Author: Shedrow by Dean M. DeLuke
People would be surprised to know… “Even though I attended UNC – Chapel Hill, I am a Duke fan. Hallie was a cheerleader at UNC Chapel Hill and is a diehard fan, and since I am a Duke fan, Duke-Carolina games at our house can get intense. We sometimes have to watch separately.”
Dr. Graham H. Wilson is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and is accepting patients at our Patterson and Westerre Commons locations.