Thank you for your interest in our practice. Commonwealth Oral & Facial Surgery currently has the following employment opportunities available. We are always receptive to communication from those that we might consider to be future strong team members.
Surgical Assistant (West End and Southside locations)
Growing multi-doctor oral surgery practice currently has an opening for a full-time surgical assistant. This position will be scheduled between two office locations on set days. Some traveling between our five office locations will be required. We value candidates with excellent communication and customer service skills. Applicants should have basic computer skills and a stable employment history.
Candidates with a minimum of two years of dental or oral surgery experience preferred. Dental X-ray Certification required. Some college or technical training preferred. Resumes should include salary requirements as well as a cover letter detailing why you feel that you are a good fit for this position.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package included.
Under Doctor supervision, prepares for and performs complex clinical duties following established procedures in the operatory and consult rooms. All surgical assistants must strive to present themselves as professionals while carrying out their duties and responsibilities. A surgical assistant’s image and presentation to patients are a reflection both on the doctors and on COFS. Through teamwork, surgical assistants keep the office flow moving in a smooth and efficient manner, while maintaining a positive, respectful, and caring attitude toward patients, doctors, and co-workers.
All shall be performed according to OSHA, DEA, HIPAA, and COFS guidelines.
- Prepare operatories, consult rooms and trays for all procedures
- Greet and seat patients
- Verify and document patients’ medical and dental information in EHR
- Prepare and recover surgical patients. Place monitors and take and record vital signs
- Take digital x-rays and follow protocol for attaching to the patient record in OMSVision
- Assist Doctor with surgical procedures
- Document exam findings, procedures performed, and drugs administered in the EHR system
- Assist doctors with osteotomy work-ups, including taking, pouring and trimming of models
- Scrub, sterilize and package instruments
- High School diploma or equivalent (required)
- Familiar with anatomy and medical and dental terminology as they pertain to oral surgery
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification (preferred)
- Radiation Safety certification (required)
- Successful completion of DAANCE course and examination
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and verbally communicate clearly in English
- Must possess manual dexterity for assisting and data entry
- Capable of lifting at least 25 pounds
- Must be able to support and assist sedated patients or disabled patients
- Must have current Hepatitis B vaccination